What’s At Stake
1. Washington Does NOT Need The Money
- There was a $10 billion budget surplus last budget cycle
- State tax revenues increased 154% ($26B – $66B) in 12 years!
- WA population increased 13.5% over the same period
|WA State||Budget||Population||Budget $/Person|
2. Washington Citizens Do Not Want This
- Income tax votes were beaten 10x previously
- In the Nov ’21 advisory vote, 61% of WA residents voted AGAINST the income tax
3. This is a clear attempt to introduce a statewide income tax on ALL Washington citizens, including taxing standard salary & hourly wages.
4. The tax is destructive to businesses & job creation in a mobile job market
Don’t believe the hype – this will be a tax on everyone and you’re next! This income tax will hurt the whole economy and do nothing about regressivity. We can do better and create more opportunities for ALL Washingtonians!